Our mission is built on sharing moments of kindness by delivering recycled flowers. We couldn’t do this without our partners in the floral industry.
Since our founding, Random Acts of Flowers has partnered with retail and wholesale florists and floral professionals to recycle flowers in a productive and meaningful way. We work with local companies, funeral homes, and grocery stores to fulfill our mission, receiving thousands of bouquets a week, which we turn into deliveries for hospitals, hospices and healthcare facilities around the country. We are also proud to work with wedding and event flowers to re-purpose flowers from memorials, weddings, corporate events and other celebrations.
Our relationships with our floral partners are successful because:
- Random acts of Flowers isn’t competing for a florist’s customer base. Patients served by the charity include people who wouldn’t normally receive flowers, are forgotten about, haven’t had a visitor or are without a support network.
- We are only using what’s already sold (or unsaleable) in the floral marketplace. Our organization focuses on gathering used, donated flowers that are destined for the garbage to recycle them for another purpose.
- We celebrate flowers and florists as an important part of our society. With each delivery, Random Acts of Flowers validates the importance of flowers and how their healing property can purposefully impact people.
- Random Acts of Flowers never substitutes for a floral professional. Floral delivery recipients are determined by the health-care professionals (doctors, nurses and caregivers). Random Acts of Flowers never responds to individual requests in lieu of working with a local florist.
- We are a key referral source to area florists. Donors, supporters and volunteers continuously ask for advice on working with floral professionals. We are happy to refer and promote partner florists to build a stronger industry.